Anybody Out There?

About The Book:
Written by Marian Keyes Series Walsh Family Published Year 2006
Anna Walsh is officially a wreck. Physically broken and emotionally shattered, she lies on her parents' Dublin sofa with only one thing on her mind: getting back to New York. New York means her best friends, The Most Fabulous Job In The World™ and above all, it means her husband, Aidan.
But nothing in Anna's life is that simple anymore... Not only is her return to Manhattan complicated by her physical and emotional scars – but Aidan seems to have vanished. Is it time for Anna to move on? Is it even possible for her to move on? A motley group of misfits, an earth-shattering revelation, two births and one very weird wedding might help Anna find some answers – and change her life forever.
I'd heard the old wives' tale that we need a year and a day to know, really know, at our core, that someone has died. We need to live through an entire year without the person, to experience every part of our lives without them—my birthday, his birthday, our wedding anniversary, the anniversary of his death—and it's only when that's done and we're still alive that we begin to understand.
For so long I'd kept telling myself and trying to make myself believe that he would come back, that somehow he'd manage it because he loved me so much. Even when I was so angry over little Jack that I'd stopped talking to him, I'd still held out hope. Now I knew, really knew, like the last part of a jigsaw locking into place: Aidan wouldn't be coming back.

I was really holding out on reading this until I found the first three installments of this series but I've read a review that's it's quite different from the previous books and that it would have been better to be a stand alone instead so I gave it a shot. I was itching to find out what happenned to Aidan and then I realized that it's the catch -- he is actually dead, that part was really sad but the peculiarities of the characters and the situiation have overshadowed it for me. What's more funny is that Anna was brooding of how weird the people she was spending her time with, when she herself is very a very odd person, not to mention her family. English humor is so typical not as bad as slapstick jokes but typical -- they always find it funny when a person acts silly er stupid.
It's not really a typical chick-lit which is what I had set my mind on, that's why I find this hard to read because I hate the idea of someone dying on me and leaving me behind, just like Anna.

0 comments: