Uglies

About The Book:
Written by Scott Westerfeld Series Uglies Published Year 2005
Tally is about to turn sixteen, and she can't wait. Not for her license -- for turning pretty. In Tally's world, your sixteenth birthday brings an operation that turns you from a repellent ugly into a stunningly attractive pretty and catapults you into a high-tech paradise where your only job is to have a really great time. In just a few weeks Tally will be there.
But Tally's new friend Shay isn't sure she wants to be pretty. She'd rather risk life on the outside. When Shay runs away, Tally learns about a whole new side of the pretty world -- and it isn't very pretty. The authorities offer Tally the worst choice she can imagine: find her friend and turn her in, or never turn pretty at all. The choice Tally makes changes her world forever.

I though it being YA will overshadow my indifference with Scifi books. I just really can't stand Scifi maybe because I don't really want to know anything of what the future holds, I'm more of the here and now girl. Anyway it was a fine read, It took me 3mos to finish because I always put it down in favor of other books which really does not have anything to do with the book itself but just because I'm a procrastinator. But as I said it is a pretty good book and ended up liking it even, I think Scott Westerfeld is a very good writer definitely creative.

0 comments: