If I Stay

About The Book:
Written by Gayle Forman Published Year 2009
Choices. Seventeen-year-old Mia is faced with some tough ones: Stay true to her first love— music—even if it means losing her boyfriend and leaving her family and friends behind? Then one February morning Mia goes for a drive with her family, and in an instant, everything changes. Suddenly, all the choices are gone, except one. And it’s the only one that matters.

"It's okay," he tells me. "If you want to go. Everyone wants you to stay. I want you to stay more than I've ever wanted anything in my life." His voice cracks with emotion. He stops, clears his throat, takes a breath, and continues. "But that's what I want and I could see why it might not be what you want. So I just wanted to tell you that I understand if you go. It's okay if you have to leave us. It's okay if you want to stop fighting."
This book have been receiving good reviews based on the 5 stars I saw, I didn't actually read the whole reviews in case there are spoilers. Reading the first part was good for me, I love reading about happy things and I love how Mia's family are all loving quite a change from reading about dysfunctional families. But then I get to the gruesome part -- the accident and thought oh no, not another melodrama, pitty engulfing story of a teenage girl. I usually stay away from books with themes such as because I find them depressing. If I Stay though is quite different, it is sad still and it made me cry a ton but there are also parts where it made me smile and laugh and feel the Mia's conflict. Gayle Forman is a very good writer, she makes the characters and scenes so real. Not to mention the style off writing, it worked really well, unlike in some that you get confused switching between scenes. I could go on and on, but you just have toread it for yourself. It's a shame to pass on something this beautiful.

1 comments:

J.R. Parker said...

That sounds like a combination that would be hard to pull off. Interesting.