Green with envy


Wow, If only we have this kind of library in the Philippines, life could be so much sweeter . I'm not even sure if we have a public library at our district, can anyone tell me if there is? I'm somewhere in Bacoor, Cavite.
I know a public library in Quezon City at Pasong Tamo. They're accepting donations and I was able to sent them a couple of my ya books. If you'd like to help out, you could check out their bookmooch account.

This post is also to announce that The Shrinking Violet Contest is a flop, . I wonder if it's because I don't have much readers from the Philippnes? or there are really few Filipinos who read? I hope to host other contest in the future with an actual winner, I'm probably limiting it for accepting entries only from the Philippines but the thing is bloggers from other countries can read as much book as they want because they have libraries and they can get arcs from publishers or authors.

When I started my blog it's just so I could keep track of the books I've read and put in a note or two but now that I've been doing it for a year alot have changed and more so I also want to encourage younger people from my country to read more. So watch out for some of the book giveaways I'll be having

posted by Kaye at November 20, 2009

1 comments:

Erika said...

I'll definitely watch out for your book giveaways! I'm a lover of fiction but i haven't been reading nay literature lately because my course already requires me to read a lot. Reading doesn't feel like leisure for me anymore.